Car Hire Cairns - City and Airport Car Rental
Choose how & when to pay, save on liability reduction, all through Europcar & Thrifty with our True Quote Guarantee. Book Now for Cairns Car Hire!
Sorry but we cannot offer you any pre-paid rates right now.
Please see our sister site www.discovery-carhire.com.au
to compare and book your car hire.
We Did the Sums
7 out of 8 cases, our Max Cover was cheaper than taking a basic rental and adding
liability reduction (top insurance cover) at the branch. e.g Hobart City
for 10-17 January, Economy Class. Other Site : $635.12 Max Cover : $556.26.
10 Things to Do Within 1 Hour of Cairns
- Perfect for those seeking a rush of adrenaline, Skydive Cairns is the ideal way to experience the wonder and beauty of Cairns. Tandem skydive from up to 14,000 feet, and for 60 seconds experience how exhilarating free fall can be.
- Nowhere in the world will expose you to the magnificence of the rainforest canopy better than the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway. The Skyrail experience spans for 7.5 kilometres over pristine rainforest and allows you to discover one of the most botanically fascinating and diverse areas on earth from a whole new perspective.
- Australia is home to many fantastic rainforests, but none even compare in comparison to the Daintree Rainforest. Discover an entirely different world as you embark on an adventure that will expose you to a diverse array of wildlife and rainforest ecosystems.
- The internationally famous Great Barrier Reef is the world's largest reef system and is one of Australia's most popular attractions. The reef supports one of the world's most diverse systems of marine life, making it perfect for those wishing to snorkel, scuba dive, sail and swim.
- Paronella Park is an attraction you simply cannot miss while in the Cairns region. Offering a unique, eco-friendly experience, Paronella Park boasts stunning waterfalls, awe-inspiring architecture and unique walking tracks.
- Forget the Whitsundays; the Frankland Islands are just as good, if not better! Cruise and dive among these stunning natural attractions and absorb the beauty of the reef both above and below the surface.
- Regarded as the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, Port Douglas is the perfect destination for a holiday getaway. Offering a superb tropical climate and unbelievably beautiful beaches, Port Douglas is the perfect coastal destination all year round.
- Take an unforgettable journey on the Kuranda Train through the scenic wonders of tropical north Queensland. This rail adventure will take you from Cairns city through rainforest clad mountain ranges to the historic village of Kuranda. Uncover cascading waterfall and stunning scenery as you embark on the rail trip of a lifetime.
- There is no better way to discover the history of the Tjapukai people than to pay a visit to the Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park. Spend some time exploring the Magic Space Museum, the Creation Theatre and the History Theatre, and be sure to catch a dance performance that celebrates the best of Aboriginal culture.
- The Cairns Rainforest Dome is a unique wildlife exhibit that is enclosed in a 20 metre high glass dome, resting on the rooftop of the Reef Hotel Casino. A diverse array of rainforest wildlife calls this habitat home, making it a popular attraction for those wishing to explore the wonders of the rainforest without trekking into its depths.
Popular Locations for Car Rentals
Billabong Bed and Breakfast This special hideaway only 10 minutes from the city centre of Cairns and a short walk to the beach. Ideally situated to explore the wonders of the Great Barrier Reef, the tropical rainforests around Cairns, Daintree & Cape Tribulation.
Ravenshoe, Tropical North Queensland Ravenshoe, Queensland, "Centre of the Universe" is the friendly town located
at the top of the Atherton Tableland. Located 920 metres above sea level the
township is surrounded by World Heritage listed rainforest.
Yungaburra Accommodation Set in the Cairns Highlands is the Historic Village of Yungaburra which is filled with beautiful restaurants, country churches, and a large range of Accommodation. Enjoy the local markets, wineries, galleries of this gorgeous setting.