Car Rental Melbourne - City and Airport Car Hire
Choose how & when to pay, save on liability reduction, all through Europcar & Thrifty with our True Quote Guarantee. Book Now for Melbourne Car Hire!
Sorry but we cannot offer you any pre-paid rates right now.
Please see our sister site www.discovery-carhire.com.au
to compare and book your car hire.
We Did the Sums
7 out of 8 cases, our Max Cover was cheaper than taking a basic rental and adding
liability reduction (top insurance cover) at the branch. e.g Hobart City
for 10-17 January, Economy Class. Other Site : $635.12 Max Cover : $556.26.
10 Things To Do Within 1 Hour Of Melbourne
- The Melbourne Museum sits at the heart of the city's arts and culture industry, which is widely known as the most vibrant in Australia. Plan your day around one of the many functions it hosts, or take a guided tour of the various exhibits. With seven galleries, this is the largest museum in the southern hemisphere. A popular feature is the IMAX theatre, an immense movie screen showing documentary films.
- The Queen Victoria Market is a great place to hunt for a bargain, or take in the diverse cultures on display. The Old World charm of Victoria's premier open air market will make you feel right at home as you wander through the stalls. It's a major landmark in the city, and has become a tourist attraction as it has expanded over the years.
- The breathtaking scenery of the Dandenong Ranges makes the hour drive worth every minute. Stay in luxury accomodation and enjoy the hospitable sense of community the locals have fostered. Enjoy the Devonshire teas that have become a feature of the region, adding to the European feel of the Ranges.
- Visit the MCG, which since 1838 has been one of the world's leading cricket sites. Tours operate daily and give you the opportunity to see which cricketers have made it into the Hall of Fame. If you are lucky enough to be around on match day then don't miss the opportunity to see some of the world's best cricketers in action.
- Soak up the bohemian atmosphere in the pubs and clubs of St. Kilda, a bayside suburb that boasts pristine beaches bordered by numerous music and cultural venues. Located on Port Philip Bay it has been a popular seaside resort for many years, and today is home to some of the city's most popular attractions such as Lunar Park.
- Test your luck or simply enjoy 5 star accomodation in Australia's largest casino, The Crown. Sophisticated decor and an ability to cater to all your gambling needs have made this one of the Southern Hemisphere's premier casinos. More than just a casino, there is always something going on here, from live entertainment to festivals to concerts.
- Climb to the observation deck on the 55th floor of the Rialto Towers, the tallest building in the Southern Hemisphere. Spectacular panoramic views of the CBD and the city surrounds make this an opportunity not to be missed. Included is the entrance charge is a 20 minute film about the city, and there is a cafe on the deck where you can enjoy a beverage and a snack.
- Head South East to Phillip Island for a close encounter of the feathered kind when you take a guided tour of the penguin breeding grounds at the Phillip Island Nature Park. Penguin adoption is available for those who get too attached to the birds! The island is a beautiful spot with lots of other wildlife viewing opportunities and some spectacular beaches.
- The National Gallery of Victoria is Australia's oldest art gallery, built in 1861, and is worth a look for all history lovers. It houses the largest and most comprehensive collection of artworks in Australia. You can see the influence European Art has had on Australian styles, and there is also lost of indigenous art on display.
- Drive to the Mornington Peninsula to see the limestone lighthouse, rugged cliffs and secluded beaches. Spend a day at one of the 18 golf courses that are a feature of this area, and follow this up with a relaxing spa. This region almost feels like it could be an island in the Mediterranean, with a temperate climate, lots of vineyards and stunning blue seas.
Back of Chapel Backpackers Come stay at one of Melbourne’s premier boutique budget backpacker hostels, located just minutes away from the city’s top attractions at possibly the cheapest rates in Melbourne’s groovy, cool, Chapel Street, Australia’s coolest strip.