Car Rental Sydney - City and Airport Car Hire
Choose how & when to pay, save on liability reduction, all through Europcar & Thrifty with our True Quote Guarantee. Book Now for Sydney Car Hire!
Sorry but we cannot offer you any pre-paid rates right now.
Please see our sister site www.discovery-carhire.com.au
to compare and book your car hire.
We Did the Sums
7 out of 8 cases, our Max Cover was cheaper than taking a basic rental and adding
liability reduction (top insurance cover) at the branch. e.g Hobart City
for 10-17 January, Economy Class. Other Site : $635.12 Max Cover : $556.26.
10 Things To Do Within 1 Hour Of Sydney
- View the stunning modern architecture that has made the Opera House world famous and turned it into one of the most recognisable and photographed images of the modern world. An Australian icon that sits at the heart of the Harbour, no trip to this country is complete without seeing the opera house.
- Laze away your morning on the infamous Bondi Beach, a modern and trendy coastal resort with a variety of cafes and restaurants. Its familiar wineglass shape has been made famous by television shows and travel magazines the world over, and whatever time of the year you visit it is a popular place to spend a few hours.
- Catch the monorail from the CBD to Darling Harbour and sample some of the many activities on offer at the city's favourite playground. Great places to eat and drink make this the perfect spot for a day or night visit. It is a child friendly entertiainment precinct that is as busy at night as it is during the day - numerous nightclubs and bars make sure of that!
- Experience the vibrance of Circular Quay, the transport hub of the Harbour. From here you can make your way to any of the major landmarks by bus, ferry or train, or simply relax and enjoy the talents of the many buskers that frequent the area. It's a lively and bustling part of town which has great views of the Harbour.
- Wildlife from all over the world has found a home at Taronga Zoo, which is a must see for kids and adults alike. Tigers, elephants, rhinos and loads of Australian wildlife will keep the whole family excited and entertained. The zoo has its own jetty, so you are able to step off the boat and start enjoying the animals, whose large enclosures closely represent their native habitat.
- The Royal Botanic Gardens offer a tranquil and beautiful escape from the bustle of the city around them. Enjoy Harbour and Opera House views from the grassy slopes beneath the giant shade trees. There are picnic facilities throughout the gardens, and lots of flat grassy expanses perfect for chilling out on or playing some hacky sack! Entry is free too.
- Take a Harbour Bridge walking tour, and experience a bird's eye view of the harbour and the beaches. The tour takes you right up to the highest point of the bridge, and the commentary from the guides teach you about the building of the bridge, and the history of the surrounding attractions and the history of the city itself.
- The Rocks, the oldest part of the city, will charm you with its quaint architecture and historical significance. Known as the 'outdoor museum', the heritage of the area has been fused with modern culture to create a vibrant and interesting atmosphere. It is a modern shopping precinct in an old fashioned setting, and there is a story around every corner!
- Have a taste of the glitz and glamour of Palm Beach, location of the television series 'Home and Away'. Situated on a peninsula, white sands are surrounded by evergreen bushland that provides a lush setting for the affluent homes in the area. Known as the jewel of the Northern Beaches, the beaches here contrast with thick lush bush, and the still waters are popular with sailing enthusiasts.
- Looking for Nemo? Find him at the Aquarium along with nearly 5000 other amazing sea creatures. Take underwater tours and enjoy the distinctly Australian themes and exhibits of this spectacular institution. Centrally located in Darling Harbour, it is one of the leading tourist attractions in the country.